Wednesday 18 November 2009

Identifying Key Areas

Today I have created a map displaying the areas of my key thoughts when entering the Stonehouse area. From my initial point of view I have keyed areas from Dangerous/Cautious areas, to the calmer areas where little activity (criminal, social) occur in everyday life.





My initial plot is similar to the older maps that I have created using spray paint ideas to identify quality of buildings and street areas. However in this map I have targetted social/political change and this mainly helps identify which areas are more 'dangerous' to be in as others will not be so bad in terms to social climate and crime rates.



Key in more detail:

Naval = Blue - Peaceful, not so much social climate, richer area and contains the Social club.
Cremyll Street, Durnford Street, Strand St. etc = Green - Cautious, has a mixture of upper and working class.
Union Street and surrounding areas = Red - Dangerous, especially at night. Lower classes, higher crime rates.

I am currently planning on creating a crime level map which can identify key areas of the whole of Stonehouse which has the highest and lowest crime levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment